Saturday 5th May 2012
This June, pioneering women entrepreneurs from Africa, Asia, Latin America, and the Middle East will team up with successful professionals, like you, to grow and refine their businesses.
These women have the ideas and ambition to become successful entrepreneurs, but are often held back by lack of access to business skills training, technology, networks or finance. The Cherie Blair Foundation for Women has developed an innovative e-mentoring platform to provide the support these women need.
Can you really make a difference in one woman’s life by becoming a mentor? Yes!
, an entrepreneur in Kenya, dreamed of owning a seed-supply business. With the help of her mentor, an investment advisor in Switzerland, she became fully self-employed, wrote a business plan, approached foreign investors, and garnered new clients.
Can your mentee make a difference in your life? Yes!
, a global HR manager, said, “It’s not only Mary who gains from our mentoring journey; I also learned a great deal, especially about trying to simplify processes and tools from the very large corporate world into meaningful and practical ones for the smaller business. And, I have a new great friendship that fulfills me so much.”
Apply here by the
20th of May
to lend your support to a woman entrepreneur and join the next group of mentors in this pioneering and impactful programme!
– For more information and to apply:
– The programme includes: an online, multi-media training session; a 12-month, one-to-one mentoring relationship using a Google-designed platform; and an interactive online networking and e-learning forum that connects you with mentors and mentees from around the world.
– The programme requires a minimum of one hour of your time every two weeks for 12 months.
– You will be expected to be proactive in communicating with your mentee and available to meet according to a schedule you agree together.
– Mentoring is a responsibility that requires time and dedication, but also yields a wealth of rewards. The programme offers mentors a unique opportunity to develop their own leadership skills and network with like-minded professionals. If you have any questions, please contact Allison Kahn at email@example.com